Inspirational Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday 20 December 2022

Bible Verse #8: IN THE LIKENESS OF GOD - Bible Verse of the Day

When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God.” Genesis 5:1

This bible verse evokes a strong feeling in me; a feeling of belonging, of walking together, of being accepted, loved, protected, and guided by Him.

The bible verse makes me meditate daily on my true identity  who I am in this world, and what my priorities are or should be in this short life.
 
Every Christian, as born again, should strive to live their life exclusively within the God context.

God created mankind. Some people do not believe this; some do. I believe it. After all, life is about choices, and everybody has the free will to exercise.

I hail from God, so I believe, and this has everything to do about everything that pertains to my life.

God made mankind in His likeness. Doesn’t this inspire you? Won’t you stop looking down on yourself and start to excel in who you really are or are meant to be?

Stand straight; believe that you resemble Him because you do. You carry the nature of God in you; that’s why He takes you to be His child. You have the DNA of your Father. That’s your true identity!

Since we carry the nature of God inside us, let us strive to demonstrate this outwardly.

If God does not play with dirt, so shouldn't we. If God is slow to anger, so should we. If God is forgiving, so should we. If God is kind, so should we. If God loves people, so should we. If God is patient, so should we. That’s our challenge.

May our lives, not just our tongues, demonstrate to the world who we really are as Christians. Take the first step; make the first correction today. Kick out all traits that could be at cross-purposes with your true identity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Our Bible Verses

* indicates required

Bible Verse #27: THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD – The Battle is Never Yours - Inspirational Bible Scriptures and Verses

“But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless a mighty hand compels him. So I will stretch out my hand …” Exodus 3: 19-20 I...